Welcome back to our blog series, “Pro Tips: Resin & Fluid Art.” Today, we’re adding a touch of sparkle to our creations by exploring the use of glitter in resin art.
Why Use Glitter in Resin Art?
Glitter adds a unique dimension to resin art, creating a sense of depth and movement. It catches the light, adding a dynamic element that changes depending on the viewer’s perspective. Whether you’re aiming for a subtle shimmer or a bold sparkle, glitter can elevate your resin art to new heights.
Choosing Your Glitter
Glitter comes in a variety of forms, each creating a different effect:
1. Fine Glitter: This creates a subtle shimmer and is perfect for adding a touch of sparkle without overwhelming your piece.
2. Chunky Glitter: This creates a more dramatic, eye-catching effect. It’s perfect for focal points in your artwork.
3. Glitter Flakes: These irregularly shaped pieces catch the light in unique ways, adding interesting textures to your piece.
Incorporating Glitter into Your Resin Art
1. Mixing Glitter with Resin: Add your chosen glitter to your mixed resin, then stir until it’s evenly distributed. The amount of glitter you use will depend on the effect you’re aiming for. Remember, you can always add more glitter, but you can’t take it away! Also keep in mind that glitter ooften sinks. If you are pouring into a piece where the bottom ends up being the top, if that makes sense, the glitter will take over. at the same time, some larger glitter will float so requires a top coat.
2. Layering Glitter: For a more dimensional effect, consider layering your glitter. Pour a layer of clear or colored resin, sprinkle on some glitter, let it cure slightly, then add another layer of resin and glitter. Use ink vs mica powder to color your resin as opaque colors will make the glitter disappear.
3. Creating Glitter Swirls: For a dynamic, swirling effect, partially mix your glitter into the resin, then pour it onto your piece. Or mixes a separate pot of resin and glitter and then pour that in swirls in your piece. The uneven distribution of the glitter will create interesting patterns and swirls.
Sealing Your Glitter
Once you’re satisfied with your glitter placement, be sure to seal it with a clear layer of resin. This will prevent the glitter from rubbing off if any has floated to the top and will give your piece a smooth, glossy finish.
Using glitter in resin art is a fun and easy way to add a touch of magic to your creations. With the right materials from LoliVefe.com and a bit of creativity, you can create sparkling masterpieces that truly stand out. Stay tuned for more pro tips in our next blog post!